Thursday, November 28, 2019

J - Judging Ourselves | Anjana Shamballa | Angel card therapy in Bangalore


Judgment is just an opinion - it could be a positive or negative one .. but it truly is just an opinion.
For example - You may feel Anjana writes these blogs and they are very personal. Now that is your opinion, your judgment about my blogs. But does that mean they are true? No. It’s what your opinion is about my blogs.
I feel I want to share whatever I can with You and hopefully hearing about a personal story may make it easier for You to connect with. So when we are judging someone it is just our opinion about them, not the truth. You may make it your truth, but what is the real truth?
There is an amazing verse in the Bible which says “ Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.“
This is something to always remember. If we have so many opinions of others, how much do we judge ourselves?
Self-judgement is like someone within trying to tell you what is right and wrong ( in their opinion )
  • I should have... I am so silly.
  • Why do I keep making the same mistakes? Why can't I learn?
  • I called her and she hasn’t called me back. She must think or be ...
  • I shouldn’t have said that. Oh dear, why did I?
  • I should, I could, why didn’t I?
Can you take a diary and now note a list of things or ways you speak to yourself and judge yourself?
One of the ways I work with this in my workshops is to ask people to think of a friend going through a hardship. What would you say to the? Would you console them? How would you react?

Now put yourself in the same situation and honestly think - what would you say to yourself?
Can you be as kind to yourself as you would have been with your friend?
Butterflies can't see their wings. They can't see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that as well.” ― Naya Rivera
There is an amazing method to judge ourselves less and this is called the DUAL method.
  1. Don't pass judgment. If you find yourself being judgmental, stop yourself. ...
  2. Understand. Instead of judging someone for what he's done or how he looks, try instead to understand the person. ...
  3. Accept. Once you begin to understand, or at least think you kind of understand, try to accept. ...
  4. Love.
To liberate yourself from your own self-judgment is to liberate others from it as well. To love yourself is an act of love for the world.” ― Vironika Tugaleva


Source: https://www.anjanashamballa.com/judging-ourselves-opinion-judgement/

No comments:

Post a Comment