Monday, December 16, 2019

Mirror Blog by Anjana Shamballa Life Coach in Bangalore

Have you tried mirror work?
Can you say I Love You to yourself?
All those who work with me know for sure that I absolutely love using mirror work with my clients and in my workshops.
As I Anjana Shamballa a Life Coach started on my journey of self-exploration many years ago I read Louise Hay’s Mirror workbook. Oh how difficult could this be, I thought to myself.
But do you realize that one of the things most people find very difficult is praising themselves? And now imagine if I ask you to say “ I love you” to yourself while looking into a small mirror. Many clients have cried as they have never expressed anything like this to themselves before.
At one of my workshops of “Loving yourself,” a client said that she could not do this exercise of saying ‘ I love You’ to herself. Because said felt that it was more important to be able to say I love you to her family first. But I really do feel that if you do not know how to love yourself, how can you love anyone else? You must know and experience love and positivity to be able to share it too.
Mirror work is definitely one of the most powerful ways to work towards Self-love.
Normally I ask my clients to start with one affirmation ( which we personalise together ).
Look into the mirror and start affirming to yourself daily. For example, You decide to say “ I am healthy “ as your affirmation and all through the day you just keep chanting I am healthy.This could just become something in the background which is getting no real attention from You.  On the other hand, You look into a mirror and say to yourself while looking into your eyes, I am healthy. The impact is very different. And if you can add your name to the affirmation, it can become even more powereful.
When you use a mirror to work with an affirmation or just talk positively, you become more aware of what you are saying, what you are resisting. A lot of people I have worked with find looking into a mirror and talking to themselves very difficult. Yes, initially it is. But many things we start initially are difficult. Then it just becomes easier with practice.
Once you plant the seed and start doing this regularly, You can see and feel the difference soon. When you talk positively to yourself and start giving yourself positive messages, it changes the way you look and feel about yourself too.



M-mirrorHOW CAN I TRY MIRROR WORK?
I feel you should start mirror work by a simple “ I love you “ or a specific affirmation for yourself.
This I tell my clients you should look into a mirror and say to yourself 21 times daily. ( Honestly how long can it take ? ) And the important thing is to do this for at least 21 days.
Having the discipline to do it for 21 days will plant the seeds and start the growth of a new habit.
And as Louise Hay always taught us .. every time you pass a mirror give yourself a bit of a pep….. ‘ Looking good’ , ‘ Hey there Gorgeous’
Every time something good happens in your life,  go to the mirror and say Thank you to yourself and give yourself a pat on the back.
And if something happens that You are not happy with,’Its ok, this too shall pass .. I love You’
You decide what you want to say. Use positive words to lift yourself physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Some Powerful affirmations by Louise Hay which  you can start with ( or contact me so we can make one specifically for You )
“ I deserve to live a good life and I begin now “
“ I am in perfect health “
“ Every experience I have is perfect for my growth “
I must admit I do look into the mirror and smile at myself and then just give myself a wink 😉
I have many affirmations stuck on mirrors all over my home. Every time I see it, I smile and affirm to myself positively.
Make your mirror your pal who you talk to ..and not just to see how you are looking physically.
Enjoy your time with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment